One of the best things I ever did to disconnect is touring. Traveling to other countries or touring in my own town is a great way to get out for a few hours and appreciate the beauties of the world. Well, I guess living in Paris does help with having a lot of potential activities around, but just going on a walk, enjoying a museum or discovering a new place can do too!
So, my post is late this week because I had friends over from Canada and I went full tourist mode. I visited so many things and the weather was amazing! Let me tell you, when you live somewhere, it is so easy to forget the beauty of it. I have been living in Paris for more than 10 years, and to be perfectly honest, I really rarely get to be a tourist in my own town, so that was a great experience.
The weather was so nice we decided to mostly walk and do outdoor things:
- Visiting Notre Dame de Paris (we ended up getting inside too since there was no queue and it’s free)
- Walking pass the Louvre
- Eating an ice cream in front of the Eiffel Tower
- Taking a walk around Montmartre
Here you can see Le Louvre, Notre Dame de Paris, Montmartre and the Eiffel Tower (notice the amazing blue sky! April is not always that nice here in France, we got so lucky).
On Saturday, we went to my absolute favourite tourist attraction in the region: Versailles. I really love that Castle, it is so worth a visit! Anyone going to Paris needs to take a day to go to Versailles. My tips to make the trip better:
- Go early
- Start with a visit of the Gardens, the Trianon and the other attractions
- Keep the Castle for the end, and only get inside around 3:30/4pm, there will be way less people inside and you will enjoy the visit way more!
People always start with the Castle, and the queue is unbelievable in the morning. Doing the visit the reverse way is great as you will see everything much better.
That’s all for last week! Tell me if you decided to go on a walk somewhere and discover something new (or re-discover something old!) 🙂